Types of Applications| Stand Alone Application
Applications are of three types:
- Stand alone application
- Client server application
- Web based application
1. Stand alone application:
software installed in one computer and used by only one person.
For ex – Installing s/w of a Calculator, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office, AutoCad
- Faster in access.
- Secured from Data hacking and virus.
- Single user access at a time.
- Installation is required.
- End user system resources utilized.
- No data sharing
- Maintenance is tough with respect to both user and company
In the stand alone application architecture there is no question of any servers and entire application is installed a he end user machine.
This is about Stand alone application.
Next about Client Server Applications