Types of Software Testing | White, Black and Gray Box Testing
Today we are going to see Different Types of Software Testing methodologies.
Testing is broadly classified into three types:
- White box testing
- Black box testing
- Gray box testing
1. White Box Testing:
- White Box testing is done by the developers
- During white box testing developers are going to check each and every line of code before handing over the application to the test engineers.
- It is called white box testing since code is visible to the developer while testing.
- More details about White Box Testing here
2. Black Box Testing:
- Black box testing is done by the Test Engineers.
- During black box testing test engineers are going to check functionality of each and every component of module or modules of an application.
- It is called black box testing since code is invisible to the test engineers while testing.
- More details about Black Box testing Here
3. Gray Box testing:
- Gray box testing is done by Test engineers who have knowledge on both coding and also testing.